Powerbet Kenya is a betting company that is licensed and regulated by the Betting Control and Licensing Board. Its license number is 698. Founded back in 2016 by Copyright Oyster bay Lotto Limited, Powerbet is an online sport betting website where players can use Airtel Money, MPESA, or bitcoins to place their desired bets. Currently, Powerbet is among the best alternatively after the popular Betin.
On the Powerbet platform, you can always make several bets that comprise live bets and make bets on different sports like ice hockey, basketball, football, cricket, tennis, etc. However, one should be very keen on the bets they place on Powerbet since after placing the lottery, you are never allowed to cancel it under any normal circumstances.
In Powerbet, there is a limit to the amount you can bet. The minimum amount is always a set of KSH 50, while the maximum amount is set at KSH 1,000,000.
The Powerbet sportsbook is not among the most expensive, most valued in the Kenyan market, but it does hold its sort among the pack titles. There is a lot of data available online concerning sports in this time when gambling is on an upward trend in the Kenyan market. Any quality sportsbook will offer virtually every game on its sportsbook. The Powerbet is no different from the other bookmakers in the market as it boasts of having up to 15 different sports where players can always wager on and have a total of 10,000 games every month. The games include both pre-start and the live betting games that comprise teasers, parlays, and all the old staples that gamblers have always learned to love.
Some of the top markets at Powerbet include:
- Horse racing
However, there are no jackpot games. Hence, when you need such, you will most likely be disappointed. When you visit the Powerbet homepage, you will get a list of popular bets and live bets that are currently taking place. The Powerbet menu is well packed with quick links that will direct you to popular sports markets. For example, in football, you will come across the following competitions, UEFA champions’ league, Europa League, English Premier League, French League 1, Scottish League, Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, and Spanish La Liga among others. That aside, bettors will always have to dig through the Powerbet market to find future demands.
It is not a lousy sportsbook as many people perceive; there are lots of great features to rival the established bookmakers in Kenya. Considering the website has only been around since 2016 and can technically pack up any shop. They have managed to build trust among the Kenyan bettors, as witnessed by the ever-increasing number of bettors signing up with them. Powerbet bookmaker uses an HTTPS server that helps in keeping all the bettors’ data safe and secure.
Powerbet Account Registration
The process of signing up with Powerbet is quite easy and straightforward. No prior experience is needed, as even those who have never interacted with the website can sign up within a few clicks.
Here is a guide on how to register an account with Powerbet
- Visit the Powerbet website.
- Click the register button that is located at the top right corner of the website.
- A registration form will pop up.
- Enter all the personal details required correctly. Some of the information you will be required to provide includes the first name, last name, phone number, email address, user name, etc.
- Read through the terms and conditions section and click the checkbox to confirm that you have understood the set conditions and that you are above 18 years of age.
- Complete the registration process by clicking on the submit button
- You will receive an SMS on the phone number you provided that contains a verification code.
- Enter the code in the provided field and click on the submit button to verify and activate your account.
- Your account will be activated immediately. The code is approved. However, if you do not receive a code, you can click on the resend button, and a new code will be sent to you.
- If you are not able to log in, please contact the Powerbet customer support department for assistance.
Bonuses and Promotions
Powerbet offers its customers with some bonuses and promotions. It is one of the bookmakers known to have such great rewards rivaling other established bookmakers in the Kenyan market.
Here are the bonuses and promotions you will benefit from when using the Powerbet website.
Sign up Bonus
The Powerbet sign up bonus works in a straightforward way. All you will have to do is register with Powerbet, and you will receive a signup bonus with KSH 50 towards your account. However, you must deposit and place a bet for you to be able to withdraw it.
Daily Sign-in Bonus
Just as its name suggests, the Powerbet daily sign-in bonus is a bonus you will be awarded for logging into your Powerbet account daily even if you are not going to place any bet. The daily sign-in bonus will award you free cash coupons of up to KSH 150.
Multiple bet bonuses boost.
The Powerbet multiple bet bonuses can reward you well if you get it right. The Powerbet will offer you the opportunity of earning up to 50% more on winning when you place a bet on the multiples of at least two games. For example, suppose you place a bet of KSH 100 on ten-game multiple bets at odds of 15.00, then your total winning will be KSH 100 by 15.00, which will be KSH 1500.
The 50% Powerbet bonus boost on the multiple bet will give the bettor an extra 50% on their winning. When we use the example above, it will mean KSH 1500 + (1500 by 50%) + KSH 2500 as the total winnings.
When you use other bookmakers, you will only get KSH 1500 for the multiple bet win. However, the only other bookmaker that tends to offer a better bonus boost is the Sportybet, which is at 135%.
Refer a friend Bonus
When you refer a friend to register with Powerbet, you will get a KSH 50 bonus after they have placed the first bet. When your bet wins, the Powerbet will keep its stake and pays the winnings to your account. You will receive a KSH 200 bonus voucher after your friend whom you referred to places the first bet of at least KSH 1000 with minimum odds of 1.5 on any football fixture. However, the money in the bonus balance can never be used to place bets, but instead, they will be unlocked when you place bets using real money.
The Powerbets do have a 100% deposit match up. It is a great offer that will see Powerbets join some of the most established bookmakers in the market when it comes to offering huge bonuses
For you to wager the bonus voucher, you will have to meet a set of requirements.
The 100% deposit bonus must be played on any sports market, having cumulative odds of 3.5 or greater. The deposit vouchers will be valid for up to three days after you have received them.
How to Place a Bet on Powerbets
After you have registered, you can now proceed to fund your account and place bets. The process of placing bets on Powerbets is quite easy and fast. Below is a procedure on how you can place bets on Powerbets.
- The first step is logging into your Powerbets account.
- After logging in, click on the game, you want to place a bet on from the market of your preference. You can make some bets on the Powerbets platform, including live bets and different sports like ice hockey, basketball, football, cricket, and tennis.
- Ensure you exercise caution when placing the bets since after placing the bets, you will not be allowed to cancel them under any circumstance.
- To place a single bet, click either the home team or away team. If you want to predict, the outcome will be a draw, click on the middle of the two teams, and choose X. The game will automatically be added to the bet slip. You will be able to access more markets on the game when you click on the ‘>’ sign.
- If you want to place a multiple bet, you will just continue selecting more games, adding them to your bet slip. Take time and review the bet slip, and when satisfied with the choices you have made, click on the ‘Betslip’ or place a bet. However, if you want to do away with the entire bet and start again, click on ‘clear bet slip.’
- You can then enter the amount you want to stake
- However, there is a limit on the amount you can use to place a bet. KSH 50 is the minimum amount, while KSH 1000000 is the maximum amount.
- Click on the place bet button below the amount to complete the place button procedure.
We have two methods you can use to make payments on or from the Powerbet account. We have payments through the Powerbet website and payments through MPESA.
Payment through Powerbet Website
You will first have to deposit money in your Powerbet account to place a bet. The money will always be deposited via Airtel or Mpesa.
Here is a guide on how to fund your Powerbet account through the company website.
- Open the Powerbet website on your computer or browser.
- Navigate to the account page
- Tap on the Deposit menu to get further instructions
- You will get pre-set values that you have to pick the amount you want to deposit. You can also click on the other amount to get a blank space and fill in with the amount you want.
- Choose the deposit method you want to use. It can be MPESA or Airtel Money.
- Enter your mobile money PIN and follow the procedure.
- Immediately the payment is accepted, the money will be reflected on your account.
Payment through MPESA
- Go to the MPESA menu on your mobile phone
- Navigate to Lipan an MPESA
- Click on Paybill
- Enter the Powerbet business number 298222
- Enter your account number, your mobile phone number that is registered with Powerbet.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit
- Enter your MPESA pin and click on send button and you will get an SMS from MPESA confirming the deposit
- The money will after that be reflected on your Powerbet account
How to Withdraw Money from your Powerbet Account
You will be charged KSH 22 with every withdrawal that you make from Powerbet account for any less than KSH 1500.
However, for the costs that exceed this minimum and are withdrawn as one sum, there will be no service fee charged. After the withdrawal request is received, the price will immediately be deposited on the mobile money account.
- Open the computer or smartphone browser
- Enter Powerbet website
- Navigate to the account section
- Click on withdraw
- Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw
- Click on the next step button
- Agree on a service fee to be charged
- Click on next step
- The money withdrawn will be deposited into your mobile money account, and you will also receive a confirmation SMS from the provider.
Pros and Cons
- Website is user friendly
- Live betting is possible
- Process of registration is easy
- SMS betting is acceptable
- Bitcoin betting is possible
- There are a wide range of sports to bet
- Little company advertising
- Withdrawal of massive amounts is not instant
- There are sports activities missing
Powerbet is not that popular among the Kenyan bettors, and they have to do more marketing to make it known to people across the country. They must invest more in advertising. However, their site is friendly to the user and can always add more sports options to help users have a variety of options.